How to encoding custom bitmap stream?

Apr 6, 2013 at 3:02 PM
I have a screen capture program that I've written that produces around 30fps in bitmap format..

How do I use your code to encode those bitmaps using NTheora (preferably with the intention of sending them across the wire using TCP or UDP?)

Thanks Rob
Coordinator
Apr 6, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Ntheora Fußes I420 format internally so you need to convert it first or even better capture it directly in that format. Check out the source code where you will find examples how to use NTheora.

Am 06.04.2013 17:02 schrieb "f135ta" <[email removed]>:

I have a screen capture program that I've written that produces around 30fps in bitmap format..

How do I use your code to encode those bitmaps using NTheora (preferably with the intention of sending them across the wire using TCP or UDP?)

Thanks Rob

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed])

To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Apr 6, 2013 at 5:03 PM
I notice you have functions for converting between 24bit bitmaps the Utils.cs file? (YCbCrToRGB & RGBToYCbCr) - These are commented out, is that because they're not completed or non-functioning?

I'm finding the source code difficult to understand in honesty - I'm fairly new to the whole video encoding stuff and I understand its not an easy thing to grasp so please forgive my ignorance..

Thanks Rob