NTheora was created to provide a thin wrapper around the theora codec.
For demonstratio purposes there is a video conferencing application included in the source code using WCF as the underlying transport layer.
The following points can be used as a roadmap to see the current state of the project:
- (done) set-up source code
- (done) first version of theora wrapper
- demo application
- provide full functionality in the theora wrapper
Problems faced so far:
- WPF Mediakit is providing captured images in RGB color space; Theora requires YCbCr
- AFAIK: C#/WPF is not supporting YCbCr color format for images
- RGB to YCbCb color space conversion is taking too much CPU
- Depending on the WebCam it seems that not all support YUY2 as the format for the sample grabber.
The work in this project is based on the outcome of:
(with minor changes) for demonstration purposes.